PDA

View Full Version : Unable to determine security privileges

automator
10-30-2002, 07:08 PM
A user today had a company file open and her machine crashed while printing checks. Now when she tries to open that company again it gives the error: Unable to determine security privileges, Please retry later. This is probably due to another user temporarily blocking access to critical files.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Her machine is windows 98, running peachtree 9, and the server is an NT4.0 server with SP6. It is not a file permissions or open file problem as all of those have been checked nor is it a problem with just the one PC as all other PCs in the office do the same, they open up the other company files in other directories and they all report this same exact error :(

Larry

chikamic
10-31-2002, 05:16 AM
In the future you need to post on the Accounting/Complete Accounting forum, this forum is for DOS/Classic users. However since I post on both, I can answer your question.

"unable to determine security privileges" is irrecoverable data corruption, there are only two ways to solve your problem. The first is to create a "shell" company (that is create a new company containing ONLY company name), and restore your most recent backup or if you do not have a recent backup click on the Data Damaged? banner above to have your data repaired. I have referred many clients to them for data repair and 100% have been satisfied.