PDA

View Full Version : Iq Report Writer Not Working V13

LBBURGESS
11-07-2002, 08:46 AM
We recently upgraded from v11 to v13 and the IQ report writer will not work. We are running a windows 2000 server with 8 clients. When we try to create a report in the IQ writer the program is looking in the purchase order folder for accounts recievable and inventory files. Data folders are located in the pca directory and the path is a very conventional one (f:\pca\folder). Any suggestions?

chrismc
01-03-2003, 03:21 PM
I just experienced the same thing that you're reporting. I get the following error trying to create a columnar report that dumped everything in the Sales Analysis view except the user defined fields. I received the following error:

Error: While trying to open the file c:\PCA\CCPODATA\AR09CS~1.DCC An error code: 12 was received. Please exit and be sure this file is on the proper disk and/or in the proper subdirectory.

Why are we looking for AR** files in the CCPODATA directory? Note the PO in CCPODATA. We should be looking in CCARDATA.

I can run other reports on AR data without problem, so I tried the same report with half the fields and it still failed. The I tried it with 5 random worked correctly without error. HMMM... So I added columns a few at a time from top to bottom and found that the following fields cause the problem - why I don't know, but adding any of them causes the problem.

Customer-Balance
Credit-Limit
Orders-In-Process
Telephone
Telephone-2

I also omited these fields since we don't have them setup yet.
Price-Percent-1-5
Price-A-Or-P-1-5
Selling-Price-1-5
Inv-User-Define-1
User-Defined-1-5

So, if I run a Columnar report with all fields except those above, the report runs. Add any one of them, and it crashes while it looks in the CCPODATA directory for AR files. I have no clue why. Were you using any of these fields or find another fix?

Chris

chrismc
01-17-2003, 05:13 PM
PT says that this is caused by the Generation numbers for A/R and Inventory being different. In my environment A/R is 8 and Inventory is 9. I haven't been able to confirm this yet. They also reported that IQ reports that it's looking in the wrong directory and they know it, or as they put it - "it's consistent with reports", so I guess that's a bug.

Chris