PDA

View Full Version : Sorting inventory by Location?

snoopygohome
09-04-2001, 11:41 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know if Peachtree Complete 8.0 can sort inventory by location? There is a space in Maintain Inventory for a location input but surprisingly, the inventory valuation report in Peachtree does not have a location filter.

I noticed that Diane Koers had previously suggested that "the only way to handle multiple locations is to create different inventory items for each locations, e.g. Wid1237E for the East side warehouse and Wid1237S for the South side warehouse, but how would one found out how much total inventory one has at the South side warehouse? Any suggestions, Diane or anyone?

thanks!

Diane Koers
09-04-2001, 12:16 PM
You could use the TYPE field to signify the location. Then when you run reports, you can filter them by TYPE. Be consistent, however, when using the Type field. South is different from SOUTH which is different from south.

Unregistered
09-07-2001, 05:02 AM
Unfortunately you are very limited in using the so-called "Location" area of Peachtree. It states it is multilocation capable but truly it is not. As far as I am concerned this is false advertising.

I am handling at this point 3 different types of inventory at 2 different physical locations - try that hat on as a challenge using this software. Using Crystal Report writer with it helps me manage the inventory but then again creating reports with Crystal is no joy either working with Peachtree's database.

Robert Walraven
09-08-2001, 06:04 PM
We are about to release a product for making Peachtree line item price changes in Excel. I believe we could easily modify this product so that it could be used to filter on the location field. Then you could design your reports in Excel from data in an Excel sheet. I'll bet you'd find that a whole lot easier than Crystal Reports.

I need to know what line item fields you would like to have available and whether a simple filter such as "*BIN 1* for all
items with "BIN 1" in their location description would do. Also if I could see an example of the kind of reports you need to create, that would help.

anasmca
12-25-2006, 10:35 AM
What would be the best replacement for Peachtree 2006 Premium accounting users to have multi-location accounting package?