View Full Version : New Computer Problem

09-04-2001, 11:59 AM
We were on a peer to peer network using Peachtree Accounting on Windows 95. All files are on a single computer (our server) and are accessed by the workstations. We recently bought a new server with Windows 98.

We hooked it up to our network and transferred C:/PCA from the old to new network. We then got rid of the old network and remapped all the workstations to the new network.

Now, when a workstation tries to enter Peachtree, it will get to the main menu, but whenever it tries to get farther, (like entering Accounts Payable or Receivable), we get an error message:

We restarted to see if that would help, and now a workstation can't even get to the main menu. It gets an error 75 with a red screen. The new server can access peachtree with no problems. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks.

09-04-2001, 12:03 PM
The error message for when it wouldn't enter Accounts Payable or Receivable etc... was "Invalid Path or Directory." That may not be verbatim as I can not view the error because now I only get the red # 75 error screen.

09-04-2001, 09:50 PM
Have you used the UTILBA utility found in C:\PCA to change the location of the files??

Also, you are sure that you are not running Windows ME in any of those computers ???

Because Windows Me has a different fix for that.

Any questions you can contact me.

Javier Gomez
San Juan, Puerto Rico

09-07-2001, 11:20 AM
I had the same problems and posted below. The reason your are getting the error is that your workstation can not find the location of the data that you set up before. I called Peachtree support and they did not have a clue....I ended up figuring it our for my self.

What you need to do is make sure you have a network drive mapped on your server for the PCA directory....F: or whatever.

then on each of your workstations you need to use the exact same mapped drive to access the info. Use the set command from your do prompt (set pcadata=F:\ for example). Just make sure the config.sys changes to the new data path. We had problems getting it to change over until I did an edit on the config file...this should fix your problem

You can also use the utilba.exe program to change the data path for each module.

Good Luck.