PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

J254BB
11-11-2002, 10:27 AM
I am glad that I found this forum. I am new to Peachtree and have read a lot of bad things about it, which do not make me happy at all. I hope you guys can help me.

The problem I have is that I am trying to upgrade our server from Windows 2000 original install to SP2. I know that many people experience errors after installing SP3. However, how about SP2? Has anybody had problems with this service pack?
Maybe I should just leave it the way it is since it runs without any erros? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

The company here runs Peachtree Complete Accounting 2002 (ver 9.0) with company's data being stored on the server. Peachtree is installed on local mashines (Windows XP Professional or Home Edition), so that only data is shared, not the actual software.

Thanks for any help.

chrismc
11-12-2002, 02:14 PM
I'm currenlty running Win2K SP2 on my server and workstations. I haven't seen any problems that were due to SP2 (i.e. that we didn't have prior to the upgrade to SP2). What problems are you referring to with SP3?

Chris

chrismc
11-12-2002, 02:16 PM
Should also note that I'm using Classic V13 not Complete Accunting, so my reply may not be applicable.

Chris

J254BB
11-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Chris,

For reading more about problems related to upgrading W2K to SP3 search for thread "Peachtree Complete 2002 with Windows 2000 SP3". I also read something about it at Peachtree message board on Yahoo. Generally, it concernes reports not working correctly and computers locking up. That's why I am trying to find out about any problems related to SP2 that other users might have..
I also realized that I am in a wrong section of Peachtree forum. I should have really posted it under Complete Accounting not DOS forum.
Thank you for your post anyways.

J254BB