PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Data

jahjah
11-17-2002, 03:43 PM
Someone PLEASE help. I am trying to restore data that I did not back up using the utility. The data is on a slave drive. I did a new install of V11.0. I copied the data folders over...KEAPDATA to C:\PCA\KEAPDATA. I then get a RED ERROR BOX stating 'Options File for Accounts payable not found'

Can anyone help?

chrismc
11-19-2002, 10:05 AM
What do you have backed up?

Chris

jahjah
11-26-2002, 07:14 PM
There was no backup done. I took the HD out of the old server. It had all of the old data on it regarding files and folders. I placed it in a NEW server and used it as a slave. I accidentally formatted the drive when I installed WIN 2000 pro serve.
After serveral attempts, I have recovered the drive.
I have installed v11.0 on XP as a test, it found the companies OK, but it is giving me a "THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE DRIVE OR PATH ASSIGNMENT IS INVALID"

I am now at a lost...Please help.

chikamic
11-26-2002, 08:15 PM
You will need to use UTILBA to change the data file path so that PCA can find the files. Let me know if you need instructions on using UTILBA.

jahjah
12-03-2002, 09:25 PM
chikamic ,
I do need a tutorial for the utilita. by the way, thank you for your help.

I used R-studio to recover the files, I was told that since the Peachtee files are rather big, r-studio will truncate the data, do you know if this would be true, and if so, what is the correct sive for a ap file folder?