PDA

View Full Version : ver. 13

eagle15
11-26-2002, 02:53 PM
New problem with printing in Invoicing Module, can not get entire page to print properly, either top of page with address and company name and Invoice # is correct and body of page and totals is off and next page is worse or can get body right with company info off and next page all wrong. Any ideas? We are using Panasonic KXP-1595. Also I'm told a similar problem in payroll and Acts Payable. Thanks in advance!! Wes

chikamic
11-26-2002, 06:19 PM
There are considerable problems with older dot matrix printers and v13 (because they do not utilize true type fonts). The majority of them simply will NOT work.

Make sure the printer is set up in the config as a DIRECT printer for invoices. For checks you will need to to set up a separate printer number 2 as a non direct printer. For the checks, I would try setting up an Epson LQ1050 driver and using that. If that does not work and you need to continue to use a dot matrix you should purchase a new one, I would check with Peachtree or a Resource Center for recommendations

eagle15
11-27-2002, 07:26 AM
I know this is probably a dumb question but why doesnt Peachtree work with all dot matrix printers? By the way Thank you for the support you have given me, And Happy Thanksgiving! Wes. I tried the Epson LQ 1050, everything was wrong, it printed in jibberish and off the page, we never could get the alignment correct. I'm still working on the invoicing forms.

chikamic
11-27-2002, 08:04 AM
Hi Wes,

There are several issues dealing with dot matrix printers, the main being fonts! The Windows print utility was not designed with dot matrix printers in mind. Conversely, dot matrix printers were not designed to use scalable, True-Type fonts passed from a printer driver. This is the reason behind fonts that are too large or too small on reports as well as the loss of printer speed. Dot matrix printers were designed to print characters not pixels or points on a page.

Peachtree DOS used to have the printer codes hard coded into the program, as of v12 PCA started to utilize windows print drivers, hence, the difficulty with the older dot matrix printers.

Hope this helps.

chikamic
11-27-2002, 08:20 AM
Wes, here are instructions for setting up a continuous check,

try this, I had this work at a customer site.

Peachtree’s check forms are saved with a default standard letter paper size (8.5” x 11”). In order to print dot matrix (or continuous) checks, you must customize the paper size for your form. Additionally, in order to print 6-1/2” forms, you may need to install a dot matrix printer driver through Windows. If you have a dot matrix printer driver installed, skip to section Creating a User-defined Paper Size for Checks.

Note: look in your printer manual for information concerning recommended printer drivers for your particular printer. Some printer drivers do not allow for User-Defined paper size, your printer manual may suggest an alternate printer driver for you to use. We have found that the EPSON FX-1000 driver supports custom paper size for most dot matrix printers. You may have to set up this additional driver for printing checks only.

Setting Up Your Printer in Windows

In Windows, click the Start button. Select Settings, then Printers. Double-click the Add printer icon. Follow the Add printer Wizard to set up the printer driver. After you set up your printer, leave the Printers window open and go to step 2.

Creating a User-defined Paper Size for Checks

These steps vary depending on your operating system.

If you are currently using Windows 95 or Windows 98:
From the Printers window, select the dot matrix printer you set up. Click the right mouse button and select Properties, then Paper. Click the Custom icon and change the Width to 850 and the Length to 650. Click OK.

If you are currently using Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000:
From the Printers window, select File, then Server Properties. Select the Create a New Form check box. Change the Form Description to Custom. Change the Width to 8.50in and the Height to 6.50in. Click the Save Form button. Click OK to close the window.

Setting Up Your Dot Matrix Printer in Peachtree Classic

Set Up Your Dot Matrix Printer in Peachtree Classic. In Peachtree Classic, select F5-Config at the screen where you enter your two-digit Company ID. Select C - Maintain Configuration Types, enter your configuration type and select P - Maintain Printer Setup. Set up the dot matrix or continuous form printer as printer definition #2, #3 or #4. On the Print dialog box, click the Properties button. Select Custom from the Paper Size list and click OK. Make sure that Page Type (C/S) is set to C. If the bottom stub is not printing on laser forms, it is likely the page type is incorrectly set to C.

Note: If you do not see the CUSTOM option you added under server properties, the driver you are using may not support user-defined paper sizes. Please see the note.

Now, you will need to change your check printer assignments in the Accounts Payable and Payroll Module options.

For Accounts Payable: From the Peachtree Main Menu select A - Accounts Payable, M - Maintenance Programs, then, O - Maintain Accounts Payable Options. Select P - Set Printer Assignments. Change the printer assignment for Print A/P Checks to the printer definition that you have set up for continuous form checks.

For Payroll: From the Peachtree Main Menu select P - Payroll, select M - Maintenance Programs, then, O - Maintain Payroll Options. Select P - Set Printer Assignments. Change the printer assignment for Print Checks to the printer definition that you have set up for continuous form checks.