PDA

View Full Version : checkstub with gl id on each cost item

mcbillw
09-05-2001, 04:10 PM
I have been grapling with a very agravating problem in peachtree...Our whole accounting system and filing system keys on the gl acct number, and knowing the gl# of splits in the payable check,(and having it print on the stub) or payroll check is imperative...I used cougar mountain for over ten years and this split was no problem, but there is no provision that I can find in v7, that allows this simple accounting task...does anyone know how or if this can be done?, and is this possible in v8 or 2002

Diane Koers
09-05-2001, 08:00 PM
I have other clients who have the same problem. There is no way to make the GL accounts numbers print on the stubs....BUT.... in PT2002 you can now print the descriptions entered on the AP invoice. A workaround would be to enter the GL account number as part of the description. It would then print on the check stub.

mcbillw
09-06-2001, 10:25 AM
Thanks for response Dianne...Yes, I have even devised a left handed way to get some description..but not a gl#, this is such an easy thing for PT to fix, the info is in the database, and all they need to do is allow that field to be customized in the form designer, if they don't fix this I probably will have to abandon PT and go back to Cougar Mountain or another system..from an accounting and audit perspective this is absolutely needed, there is no way with out backtracking, to find out from a chk stub where the expenditure was recorded in the gl...thanks..I notice your credentials, please use your influence with PT to include this..they have ignored my suggestions and added more fluff and bells and whistles instead of accounting power...thanks again...mcbillw