PDA

View Full Version : Check Payment

mengli6
09-06-2001, 11:37 PM
Today I was trying to pay the vendors by check. I chose the select the payment from the Task menu. When I was ready to print the check payment. I forgot to place the preformatted check to the printer. Then, I accidentally click on the button "yes" when the confirmation window of the check payment pop up. Of course, it posted all the transaction to the bank reconciliation.

I would like to know how do I undo the process and what can I do to print those payment again. Please help!!! Urgent!!

Diane Koers
09-07-2001, 03:18 PM
Go to Tasks, Payment and edit the checks you wrote by removing the check number then reposting the checks. You can then go and print checks. Peachtree will print any check without a check number.

mengli6
09-07-2001, 11:42 PM
Dear Ms. Diane

Thanks for your information. Besides, I have another question for you. If I follow your instructions, would those transactions show up if I click on the select the payment on Task menu? Then, of course I need to click on Edit button and select the period, which I need the payment to be selected and print out the checks. What if I want to print out the check numbers? What are the steps to solve the problem. Hope to receive your reply ASAP. Thanks!

Diane Koers
09-09-2001, 11:22 AM
If I understand your question correctly, the transactions will NOT show up on Select for Payment screen, and there is no Edit button on that screen anyway. The payment are completed once you clicked on "yes" so they must be edited and if necessary, reprinted from the Tasks, Payments screen. You can print a list of them by going to Report, A/P and printing the check register. You can opt to print it by date or by check number.