PDA

View Full Version : Change the default 4 digit year format in V13

chrismc
01-02-2003, 08:47 PM
As some of you know, PT v13's report writer (IQW) uses 4 digit years instead of the 2 digit years that PDQ used. For instance v13=1/1/2003; v11=1/1/03. While this isn't a problem for some, it was for us. We had many reports that would no longer fit on one page (wide) or contained lots of overtype. Matter of fact many of the defualt reports had this problem. After being told by Peachtree that there was no way to globally change this behavior, I manually changed each instance, of each date, in each report that we used. Well, as luck would have it, I've found a way to make the change globally now that I don't need to (Glad that call to PT was during the free support <g>) . I thought I'd pass it along in case it would help some of you.

1. Close Peachtree (not sure if this is required, but I did, and it never hurts)
2. Go to the PCA directory and run IQCONFIG.EXE
3. Select 'Date/Time Format Definition'
4. Using the enter button, navigate to the 'Date Format' and 'Datetime Format' fields and change them to from MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YY
5. 'Enter' all the way back to the main menu, and press the ESC key.
6. Select 'Yes' to save the new configuration.

The dates in all IQ reports will now be displayed with 2 digit years.

Note: I haven't checked from the client side as yet. You may need to make this change on all workstations and not just the server as I did. If this is the case, you should be able to copy the iqconfig.dat file to the client machines since it's the file that gets updated (I'd make a backup of the original first - of course). You can read the contents with a text editor as well.

Chris