PDA

View Full Version : Create G/l Transfer File In A/p Error

Unregistered
09-11-2001, 01:11 AM
HELP!
I currently have Peachtree V11.0 and have used peachtree for 12 years. I have never ran into this problem. When I go to Create G/L entries in A/P (after consolidating) I get an error message that says: "Disk error writing A/P G/L xfer FileMP. Drive C may be full or the file may be damaged. Run the Disk Maintenance Program on the Utilities menu to remove old files, then run Recover Data Files for choosing all options".
My drive is definately NOT full and I have tried to recover data files many times to no avail. I would assume that I have a corrupt file. I even went back and restored to the last generation in A/P and re-entered every single invoice (what a pain!!) but the same thing happened when I tried to creat G/L entries again. It does the Consolidating and List reports just fine. Also, the page that prints out after I get the error message is the "Create G/L Transfers Control Report" and it does have one line on it that is my Cash Account, and it shows the correct amount, but nothing else shows on the report. After I get this error message, it throws me out of A/P and when I try to re-enter it says "Module is inactive" and wont let me enter until I do a recover data files in Utilities. Help! I need to get my payables done!! Also, what has happened to my G/L? Am I going to need to make major adjustments to correct this, or has nothing really transfered to G/L yet -or- worse, has it now transferred twice? I'm so confused. Any help would be Greatly appreciated! ~Sharon

answers@TriMark
09-19-2001, 08:51 AM
Use Windows Explorer and delete the AP transfer file. Then create your transfer.

Unregistered
09-20-2001, 11:24 PM
Thank you for responding. How do I know which xfer file is the correct one to delete? Please be more specific, thank you so much for the info!

~Sharon