PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree Complete

sfenster
09-11-2001, 02:17 PM
This is a request for assistance.

I am experiencing a major disconnect relative to using the product. I am working with a law firm and have a number of clients for whom we write checks for and then seek reimbursement.

Creating a "customer" profile (with beginning balance) seems easy; what I can't figure out is how to post payments/checks to these client accounts. The only option on the payments/checks form is "jobs" -- not customer. Basically I would like the check/payment amount to "hit" the customer account balance.

I've tried to work with this in respect to job costing, but that's not working, either. Although I can create the job account and write the check, the two number don't meet up.

Help!

Lorin Browning
09-11-2001, 06:43 PM
I've found it fairly simple to set up a series of balance sheet accounts of Escrow accounts.

For example, EscrowBrow for Brown's escrow account, EscrowSmit for Smith's escrow account, and so on. When funds come in for, say, Smith, the general journal entries would be debit to whatever banking account you use for depositing the funds and credit to EscrowSmit. When funds are paid out, the credit would be to whatever checking account you originally used for depositing the funds and debit to EscrowSmit. By setting up a separate liability account for each client, you could have instant access to the balances in each escrow account.

Lorin Browning
www.lorinbrowning.com
lorin@lorinbrowning.com