PDA

View Full Version : Inventory management

toms_looking
07-10-2001, 02:28 PM
How strong is the inventory management tool in Peachtree? I am not familiar with the software.

Robert Walraven
07-12-2001, 06:39 AM
The strength of Peachtree's Inventory Management is a matter of opinion. Depends a lot on exactly what you need to do. I'd recommend you download a free trial kit from their website and see for yourself.

riscniaga
07-12-2001, 02:31 PM
Peachtree does the accounting of inventory well (compared to other small business accounting software) - however it is not an inventory management system! There is no stock ageing report (though it can be done through Excel), no stock bin facility, no serial number tracking.....

cgreene8
07-15-2001, 01:28 PM
I am considering PT Accting because QBooks doesn't do assemblies. Can PT keep track of inventory at several different warehouses?
Thanks

Diane Koers
07-16-2001, 07:42 AM
Peachtree handles assemblies, but doesn't easily do multiple locations. The only way to handle multiple locations is to create different inventory items for each locations. For example, your actual part number is Wid1237, and say you have a warehouse on the East side and one on the South side. You could create a part number Wid1237E and Wid1237S. At the present time, that's the only way to handle it.

riscniaga
07-16-2001, 10:17 AM
I do not recommend Peachtree Acct for businesses with multiple warehouse. Peachtree Acct is not able to handle transfers between warehouse.

Have a look at Peachtree 2000.

cgreene8
07-16-2001, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the replies.
I note that the last person on the thread (riscniaga) said to try Peachtree 2000. I don't think that one does multiple either. Do you know Diane?
Do you know of any software that would be the next step up from Peachtree? How about business Works?
Thanks again,
Chuck

riscniaga
07-17-2001, 04:15 AM
I believe that Peachtree 2000 does multiple locations and transfer process.

Refer: http://www.peachtree.com/peachtree2000/html/2000_Inventorycapabilities.cfm

Where Peachtree claims:

Why is Peachtree 2000's Inventory module the best available on the market? It includes:

1. LIFO, FIFO, Weighted Average, Average, and Specific costing methods by item.

2. Accurate tracking of assemblies, including Bill of Material specifications.

3. Tracking of single items within multiple locations including the transfer process between locations.

4. Maintaining of separate units of measure for selling, purchasing, and stocking items.

I have never implemented Peachtree 2000, so I would not know how good the product is.

You can also try some of Sage UK products, such as Line 50 etc.
www.sage.co.uk

Diane Koers
07-17-2001, 04:59 PM
Sorry...I don't know anything about PT2000. I have refused to support it and only support PT DOS and the PT Windows products.

cgreene8
07-17-2001, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the info and from the other side of the world!! Isn't the net great!
I am ordering an evaluation copy of PT 2000.
Plugging away.....
Chuck