PDA

View Full Version : Unpost Vendor Beginning Balances

garyoke
09-14-2001, 10:02 AM
Can't seem to Unpost six Beginning Balances (B.B.) to Vendors done in error. Just started helping this contractor company who is trying to get the system up and running and these six B.B. should not have been entered.

Three months down the road, the error is discovered. Their posting method is Real Time. After changing this to Batch, I unposted all Journals with the goal of then deleting the beginning balances.

I go into Maintain Vendors and find the B.B. that needs to be deleted, but, the B.B. cannot be Removed (the button is not available after selecting the Beginning Balance).

Sweet and simple. Why?

Thanx in advance for any advice.

westphal
09-14-2001, 12:35 PM
(I am not a Peachtree expert, just a user so if someone else has a better solution hopefully they'll post.)I'm assuming the vendor beginning balances entered by mistake were not included in the accounts payable beginning balance in general ledger. I don't know that you'll be able to delete the beginning balances. Also, you have to be careful about trying to delete a transaction in a period that's already been closed out. Usually the easiest thing to do is enter an offset transaction (a credit in Purchases/Receive Inventory) to the vendor accounts with the incorrect beginning balance for the amount of the beginning balance, using a general ledger account that's the same as the default accounts payable account so it doesn't affect the general ledger balance. This will zero out the balance for each vendor. What I do then is select both the invoice and the credit for payment next time you cut a check for the vendor to clear those two transactions off the aged payables.