PDA

View Full Version : can't move data to laptop

Unregistered
09-14-2001, 08:28 PM
I have V*8 and tried to put files on laptop to be mobile instead of writing invoices then reentering on desk top.keep getting need updated version of program, however can't get updated files from peachtree site.I find this program very inflexible for small business.I bought a laptop to keep my files on when I go on site now i find myself having to buy another accounting program thats more flexible,allowing me to keep my customers on my desktop and laptop

riscniaga
09-17-2001, 12:44 PM
You should be able to get the v8 update files from the peachtree website at www.peachtree.com. Just click on the Support navigation link on the left bar, then click on the Product Updates navigation link on the right bar.

Peachtree does not have an automated synchronisation facility, so if you are now working on your desktop - you will need to back up the data and restore it to your laptop. If you then want to work on it on your desktop, you will need to back up from the laptop then restore it to the desktop. My suggestion, dump the desktop and just use it on your laptop (provided that you are the only user).

So, have you got your new accounting software that allows you to work on your desktop and laptop ? I would be interested in knowing how it works.

Based on my experience, no other accounting software comes close to the features and pricing of Peachtree and MYOB for the small business.