PDA

View Full Version : Commission Reports

GoldenROM
09-19-2001, 07:21 AM
Is there a way to generate a commission report based on cash receipts only that also separates between commissioned and non-commissioned (ie shipping charges) amounts?

riscniaga
09-21-2001, 09:25 AM
I would suggest you use the export function in Peachtree to generate your commission report in a spreadsheet.

I had a client, who pays commission based on receipts collection with a graduated scale (those who collect earlier gets higher commission rates). We exported the necessary information from Peachtree, then did the data filter and calculations in a spreadsheet.

This is very good, as my client was able to incorporate complex business rules, and get the commission reports out within 5 minutes.

It will take some time to do the spreadsheet - but it is well worth the effort.

GoldenROM
09-21-2001, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the reply - I will try it

riscniaga
09-21-2001, 10:18 AM
Sorry, it's me again.

I forgot to mention that you need to look out for partial receipts from your customer - Peachtree is not able to apply receipts to individual invoice line items. You will need to sort these out manually. If your business receives a lot of partial receipts - you might want to consider of breaking up your invoices into several smaller amounts (obviously, your customer will not be too happy with so many smaller invoices - so you will need to balance the two out - cest la vie).

If your commission calculation is based on a flat x% on receipts, then you will only need to export the Cash Receipts Journal file with the first 25 fields (you can reduce the number of fields later). Remember to export with headers on the first time, so that you will know which field columns to work on.

If your commission is more complex and requires the invoice date or due date, then you will need to export the Sales Journal file as well, then match them against the Cash Receipts Journal file.

Best of luck.