PDA

View Full Version : 2004 premium accountants edition

davidng
09-07-2003, 04:38 PM
I just purchased my new 2004 premium accountants edition and I'm trying to use it. One of my clients has 3 stores but using one cash account to do its operations and payrolls. My old software can set up three departments and I can set up identical G/L accounts for all three departements. I can generate three departmental I/S and a consolidated I/S monthly as all transactions in 3 different departemnts were booked accordingly into the appropriate departmental accounts (primarily I/S accounts). Can Peachtree generate "full blown" I/S for each of these three departments (not just Revenue & COGS & Profit margin; but including all separate overhead expenses)? Do I really need to spend a lot of time to "customize" I/S for each of these stores (or departments), as this appears to be the only way to so?

Also, can I generate payroll checks by "store" or "department"? - as each store has its own list of employees and it appears to be a "pain' to separate the checks after they are printed? (My old software uses numerical I.D.; and I use 1-100 for 1st store, 201-299 for 2nd store, and 301-399 for 3rd store and the checks are printed out in numerical sequence.) And, can all payroll expenses be recorded in the approrpiate store or department --- I don't mind to make journal entry to record them separately, if I can get a store or department total for each type of wage and tax expense.

I can also be contacted at (817) 640-5383 or davidwng923@yahoo.com Thanks.

I wish Peachtree can handle different departments with separate departmental I/S in the regular financial statement. (I wish my client agrees to set up three different bank accounts with three checkbooks to record different transactions form three stores; but that is not what my client likes to do.)

David

SK Wong
09-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Dear David

You may use "Masking" for your design of chart of Accounts.
If you have further enquiry, please send me email at : sk30d@yahoo.com

Good Luck and Have a Nice Day

SK Wong
Sept 28 2003

davidng
09-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Dear SK,

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.

David