PDA

View Full Version : File system error number: 100

tonyspeach
09-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Hi all,

Can anyone help with this problem:

I use Pchtree Complete ver. 7. I encounter an error whenever I enter a particular invoice into the system.

'File system error number: 100 in file: c:\peachw\lekmetwo\sortjob.dat; click help for more information'

I have checked that the total amount on the invoice is not larger than others that i have entered. I tried to enter the same invoice by changing the invoice number, yet the error will occur.

I performed data integrity check and synchronisation, but it gets stock midway on the file 'sortjob.dat'

I am still able to use the system without problems with other transactions, but cannot enter this problematic invoice.

Can anyone explain what the problem is and a possible solution.

Thanks. Your solutions/suggestions will be highly appreciated

Tony

chikamic
09-20-2003, 03:35 PM
The first thing to do is dowload the 7.0 registry update at:
http://www.peachtree.com/html/PCW_product_update.cfm

Follow the instructions on the website to download and execute the file.

Michelle

TheWolf
09-22-2003, 07:47 AM
I have seen this problem in the past. If it still occurs after you get the reg update then do a find for sortjob.dat and delete it with Peachtree closed. Once you reopen Peachtree it will prompt for this file to be recreated. Once recreated check if the error is still occuring. If so, I would imagine that you use inventory and the damage is likely in the invcost.dat file. You may want to look into getting the data repaired and then getting to a more current version. The newer versions are more stable than the older versions in a network environment. This is due to doubling the locking files which protects the data a little better.

Tom Sechler
www.Software-Link.com