PDA

View Full Version : Premium - Change of Entry Data

SK Wong
09-27-2003, 09:58 PM
Dear Peachtree Users

When I make a payment, I do the : Task - Payments - Enter Check number( say 820123) and other fields - Saved. Later on I would like to amend the Check number data, and I am confused that the existing Check no. 820123 data cannot be deleted, the revised data ( say 820130) will be shown on top of the 820123 making the Check number field cannot be read correctly.

I have asked a friend using the Peachtree software before, he told me it is the problem of the Windows setting, I am using the Windows XP, would any experienced users can tell me how to correct this serious mistake.

Many thanks

SK Wong
Sept 28 2003

Jim Dale
12-17-2003, 09:07 PM
which version of pt

SK Wong
12-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Dear Jim

I am using Peachtree Premium 2004. It seems to me that you may have the solution.

Your effort and contribution is very much appreciated.

Best regards

S.K. Wong

Jim Dale
12-19-2003, 05:26 PM
i can't find this error. I would think it is an operating system problem. Is this on the display or when printed or both. What shows up in the invoice register after your change.

SK Wong
12-20-2003, 11:45 PM
Dear Jim

I have taught more than 200 students in the past years, there re a few reported cases so far, and I have exprienced once during a demonstration using the computer provided by a computer software shop.

I have asked my friend working with Peachtree solution company, he has been asked the question and he cannot find the answer himself.

Sorry I cannot answer your question on reports ...etc, it has been happened in the past, I cannot re-perform the case, I hope somebody can raise this issue once it happens. I will keep in mind about your effort and contact you whenever it happens.

Thanks for your effort,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!

S.K. Wong

Jim Dale
12-21-2003, 12:18 PM
You too! I'll wait to hear...

SK Wong
12-29-2003, 08:46 AM
Dear Jim and Peachtree Users

I have raised this data overlap problem to Peachtree Help Centre, but they cannont reproduce the problem and thus no solution is provided.

Sorry, it is not a pleasant news. If any users have the data overlap problem, please let Peachtree knows, they need a screen capture of the error page and the error message, the content of Hep message is most helpful.

Happy New Year to all of you

Best regards
S.K. Wong
Dec 29, 2003

Jim Dale
12-29-2003, 09:25 PM
i believe it must be operating system. let us know when something occurs