PDA

View Full Version : Stock Ageing Report

peachtreekk
10-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Wondering why there are no person in this world can create inventory ageing report for peachtree users.

Anyone can help will be very much appreciated.

SK Wong
10-07-2003, 08:01 PM
Dear Peachtree User

Stock is not valued by its "age", but by its "usefulness", that is why no one in the World would spend time to create a report to record the "age" of the stock.

Please go to your warehouse and do a stocktake and to find out those slow moving stock / obsolete stock and write down their value according, this is a practical way, do you agree ?

Have a nice day
SK Wong Oct 8 2003
www.peachtreesolution.com
( under construction )

peachtreekk
10-08-2003, 04:48 AM
I agreed with u one the practical way but there are a lot of useful thing n this report.

Such as:

From your stock you will know the ae of each items

Your decision on next purchase and others.

You can go to check whn you only have few items in your stock, just think if yu are a supermarket store......

Robert Walraven
10-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Stock aging cannot be produced directly in Peachtree. It is possible to design a report for stock aging in Crystal Reports, but it would be extremely complex because the Inventory Cost data is not exposed in the Peachtree DDFs, so it would require searching through all sales, receipts, purchase, payment, and inventory adjustment journal records for activity for each item of interest.

However, PawCom does expose the Inventory Cost data and it would be straightforward using this data to build a stock aging report with PawCom, since that data summarizes all activity for each item. The main issue is what the report should look like. Do you want to group the data into 30-day bins or show exactly how many days old various quantities of each item are? Do you want some kind of average so you can compare approximate aging of each item, or do you want data on the oldest age?

Another issue is how to handle costing. There are three methods in Peachtree: FIFO, LIFO, and Average. These determine how you deplete stock to fill orders, i.e., always select the oldest, always select the newest, or take a random item out of stock.
Obviously your depletion method has a direct bearing on stock aging.

peachtreekk
10-10-2003, 02:12 AM
Usually we need one year ageing

for example

30 days
60 days
90 days
120 days
150 days

Most of the company is using FIFO method on their stock and I am sure for those companies that keep inventory they are using FIFO.

If PAWCOM can come out with Stock Ageing report, I will for sure place my order for this add on software.

RetroCanino
10-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by peachtreekk
Usually we need one year ageing

for example

30 days
60 days
90 days
120 days
150 days

Most of the company is using FIFO method on their stock and I am sure for those companies that keep inventory they are using FIFO.

If PAWCOM can come out with Stock Ageing report, I will for sure place my order for this add on software.

If Robert Walraven says that PAWCOM can give you what you want then it can. Since he created PAWCOM. It is a good app. You need to check it out. His web site is http://www.multiwareinc.com/

Robert Walraven
10-15-2003, 06:03 PM
If you were building a report just for your own use you could assume FIFO, but for a general report that anyone might use you cannot assume they will be using FIFO for all the items. The report would have to deal with each item separately depending on its aging method.

peachtreekk
10-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Can PAwcom do this report as we need it very much.....