PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Product Registration

SK Wong
10-25-2003, 03:56 AM
Dear Peachtree Users

One of my students using Peachtree 2004 for a few months, he registered the product with Peachtree upon installation. after a number of times, the software asks for registration again, it has been repeating after a number of usage, anyone can help ?

The same student using Windows ME, Pentium 4 with Peachtree 2004, sometimes when he starts the Peachtree program, there is an error message " Windows cannot open Internet file ", he is so puzzled with this error, wo do I, is there anyone can help again ?

I was told that Windows ME with Pentium 4 is conflicting, thus resulting the malfunction of Peachtree program, I am not a IT technical person, anyone can comment this statement ?

Thank you in advance for your advices

S.K. Wong
Peachtreesolution@yahoo.com

Diane Koers
10-26-2003, 06:23 AM
On the "cannot find" file error message. This is a bug in Windows ME causing the problem. I had the same issue last week where sometimes it would open and say could not find the report data file in the "c:\windows\temporary internet files" folder. The program worked fine, but the user had to click past the error message.

SK Wong
10-26-2003, 08:19 AM
Thanks Diane

So we have to live with the error then, it is sorry to learn the fact.

Many Thanks again.

SK Wong

joe_sixpack
10-26-2003, 09:26 AM
This may sound stupid, but the following *sometimes* gets rid of that error. Don't ask me why. Its definitely a WinME issue as some softwares other than Peachtree gets the same error. I had a Compuserve setup do it as well.

Go to Options/Define Internet Connection. Change the setting to "not Connected to The Interent", Hit OK, then File and Exit Peachtree. Go back in to Peachtree. If it fixes it, set Peachtree back to your usual Ineternet connection setup and consider yourself lucky :).

Again, this is a toss-up. But I have seen it work enough times to at least suggest it. Good luck.

SK Wong
10-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Dear Joe

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your tips.

Have a nice day

SK Wong