PDA

View Full Version : Windowsxp

mvsga
10-30-2001, 09:51 AM
I USE PEACHTREE COMPLETE AND PURCHASED A NEW COMPUTER THAT HAS WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL. WILL PEACHTREE BE COMPATABLE?

Baytek
10-31-2001, 11:18 AM
Windows XP was not an operating system when Peachtree Complete Accounting for Dos or Peachtree Classic Accounting was released. Your best bet is to contact Sales at Peachtree:
800-336-1420.

For additional information, email support@baytek.com.

westphal
10-31-2001, 12:41 PM
My local support center had told me repeatedly that the newer the operating system, the harder it is to get the Peachtree DOS version to work. It used to be terribly difficult to upgrade.

I switched to the Windows version earlier this year after having used the DOS version for 13 years. Completely different format, but less cumbersome to close out each month. The reporting capabilities are limited to what's available in the report designs, meaning there's no PDQ program in which to write reports. I would guess that eventually the DOS version will be eliminated. Something to thnk about...

jeffstuber
11-20-2001, 09:15 AM
I just spoke with a member of the Peachtree sales team, and she assured me that Peachtree Classic is Windows XP compatible.

GREAT! NOW I TOO CAN UPDATE.

Jeff Stuber.