PDA

View Full Version : Copying from Existing co. to new co.

davidng
11-26-2003, 09:04 AM
When I try to set up a new company by copying chart of accounts, etc. from an exiting company (including payroll defaults), G/L account was not copied correctly & correspondingly in the EmployEE Default in the payroll module. Only the Field Name(s) are copied properly.

Also, EmployER Expense accounts were not copied correctly, although the liabilities accounts seemed to be O.K.

I had to change the account no. to reflect the correct ones desired.

I'm a new user of 2004 Permium Accountant's Edition.

As advised, I did go into the tax table and change the SUTA rate to reflect the correct rate for my new company, though. I hope it will work.

Did I miss something in my initial set-up of a new company?

David

Diane Koers
12-01-2003, 06:04 PM
You missed an option. The screen that appears after you select the company from which you want to copy the defaults, lists the type of information available to copy. By default, Employee Defaults is the only one not checked. It's easy to miss.

davidng
12-01-2003, 09:02 PM
I don't recall there is an employee default. I did recall I checked all the boxes including payroll. I don't think I can check now until I set up another new company (can I?). Surely enough, I'll watch out for that again. Thanks.

David

TheWolf
12-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Diane is correct. I have always wondered why they did not have that one checked by default as well. Most are checked and it is a common problem for many users to just click next at that screen.

Jim Dale
12-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Hello Mr Wolf. Do you have a link to this site? Does the tax table info copy to the new company?

Diane Koers
12-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Not sure what link you are referring to... but yes, if you copy the employee defaults, the tax table will copy as well.

davidng
01-02-2004, 06:02 PM
I have another opportunity to set up a new company by copying "set-up" from an existing company. I did check "employee default" box this time.

The account nos. in "Pay Level" did not get copied properly. Regular wage account in the "template" company is 77500. However, after copying, the same field in the new company has an account of 71000 (which is office expense in the new chart of account). I have to change it manually.

Same situation happened in Employ EE and Employ ER accounts. In the latter, the liability accounts are copied correctly, but not the expense account.

Please advise. Thanks.

David Ng