PDA

View Full Version : Service Pak For 2004 Premium

dennis
12-13-2003, 02:20 PM
We were notified of an update to 2004 fixing several problems. we downloaded it & installed on several cpu's but 2 of them resulted in an "error 36". these show they are at a new build level, but they never completely installed the upgrade. Anyone no what error 36 means?
Den

RetroCanino
12-14-2003, 07:42 PM
It means that it couldnt update one of the files.

If you run that patch again on the machines that gave an error the first time, do they still get the same error or does it give a message the patch does not need to be applied?

If you still get the error 36, can you do a search for Patch.err on the computers that gave the error. You should find it in the dir where peachtree is installed and post its contents here?

dennis
12-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Thanks ffor the reply.

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE WAS FOUND IN "PATCH.ERR"

"ENTRY: C:\Peachw\default.htm

error ept0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
found. No update done since file contents do not match."

The same message is on both cpu's that failed. The other 5 cpu's all updated with no prob. I searched one of the successful cpu's in C:\PEACHW and only found C:\PEACH\PTTODAY\DEFAULT.HTM plus 44 ohers in subsequent subdirectories. Wonder which one the update is looking for?

Dennis

dennis
12-15-2003, 10:22 AM
On a further note, these 2 cpu's both show a script error when logging onto a company. Has something to do with PTToday. PTToday will not run on either machine, show date to be Oct 1899 when opening PTToday. I have reinstalled from the original CD but did not help it.
PTToday still won't run, nor the upgrade.

Now I'm more confused than ever.

Thanks for any light you can shed on it.
Dennis

RetroCanino
12-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by dennis
On a further note, these 2 cpu's both show a script error when logging onto a company. Has something to do with PTToday. PTToday will not run on either machine, show date to be Oct 1899 when opening PTToday. I have reinstalled from the original CD but did not help it.
PTToday still won't run, nor the upgrade.

Now I'm more confused than ever.

Thanks for any light you can shed on it.
Dennis
Ok, sounds like an install issue to me, peachtree support should help for free, so you might want to call them first, since I tmight be free help, since install issues normally are.

I think you are getting the script messages because you have mixed files, some in the new format and some in the old.

Basicly, I think you need to remove the c:\peachw\default.htm file and then the whole c:\peachw\PTToday folder.

First of course make a backup of your data to safe place, then have everyone out of peachtree.

The way I would do it, which I think is the safest way.
Is to rename them.
Rename c:\peachw\default.htm to c:\peachw\default.htmOE and then rename the c:\peachw\PTToday folder to c:\peachw\PTTodayOE

Then reinstall peachtree.
Do not open Peachtree
Then apply the update patch to SR-1 (it should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Peach\updates on that computer)
Do both computers then you should be good to go!

Or you can uninstall, then do the rename mentioned above and then resintall...etc....

The easy way would be to copy over the c:\peachw directory from a workstation that works to the ones that dont. It should work because all the reg keys and regostering of files should be done already because you said the app will run, but gives errors.
BUT unless you are comfortable doing that,I wouldnt. proceed at your own risk. :-)

hope that gives you enough info.

dennis
12-15-2003, 10:01 PM
THANKS a bunch. unistalled and reinstalled on both machines, They both showed 2003 and 2004 on the uninstall list. Both then took the update patch.
Thanks again.

dennis

dennis
12-15-2003, 10:02 PM
P.S.
Email me your address and what kind of wine you like.
Dennis@erccom.com

RetroCanino
12-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Appreciate the offer, but I am not much of wine a drinker. Just dont tell my girlfriend. shhh. :-)