PDA

View Full Version : voided checks

amsug
12-26-2003, 12:06 PM
I have a couple of vendors that i pay several invoices under one check. In doing this the descriptions are printed on the check stub and because the descriptions are several lines, more than one check is needed to print all the invoices and descriptions, thus voiding the checks that follow. To give you an example i paid 3 invoices with a check and it voided 3 checks. Is there a way to correct this? I need to enter the detail in A/P but do not need all detail on the check. I would like to see just the first line of the detail printed next to the invoice number. Any suggestions?

Jim Dale
12-26-2003, 03:48 PM
design a custom check changing the description. Have you used the check design?

amsug
01-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Yes, I have. I actually had to design the check myself because the ones that were offered did not fit my checks correctly. I noticed under properties that I had selected order #38 "Detail item description" and the data type has "multiline". Do I need to select oder #29 "description line" and data type as "text"? Thanks for the help.

Jim Dale
01-02-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure which description line it is, but you can experiment. Reprint checks on plain paper using new forms.

Jim Dale
01-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Sorry if that was not clear. type is text for all of them but i suggest choosing dif desc lines until you find the one that contains the info you want.