PDA

View Full Version : Moving Data

momofbrady
01-01-2004, 03:32 PM
I have been doing the data entry for a client. I've kept their books on Peachtree Complete 8.0 and recently upgraded to Peachtree Premium 2004.

The client recently purchased Peachtree Complete 2004 - not the same version as I have.

My qestion is this: How do I go about moving the data from my PC (Premium version) to their PC (Complete version)?

I have already set-up a dummy company on their PC and tried to use the back-up from my PC to restore it. DIDN'T WORK!

I have 6 clients, all on different versions of Peachtree. I was told by Peachtree rep's that if I puchased this version of Peachtree - that I could use my clients data in the same way as always. I've moved data from pc to pc for over 10 years now but we were always on the same versions.

Please tell me there is a simple fix to this problem... most of my clients are using old computers - no zip drive, no cdr-w.

My next attempt is to import the data into the dummy co on their machine. I would like to know if this will work before-hand instead of AFTER driving to the clients office.

Thanks so kindly for your help!

Jim Dale
01-02-2004, 11:35 AM
you need to save your data to be compatible with their version of 2004. they must have some version of 2004 for this to work.

Jim Dale
01-02-2004, 11:41 AM
i haven't done this type of conversion yet. i will offer some more in a minute

momofbrady
01-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks Jim!

I haven't actually began using Premium yet, I'm still using 8.0 for the sake of simplicity. I did install Premium on my hard drive, I didn't upgrade, just did a fresh install of the new software.

I just noticed my client's data is still under the old Peach 8 version, but it was converted when I first installed Premium. To use it in 8.0 (which is how I planned to finish the year) I will have to restore the backup.

What I was trying to do in December was to give my client some data to simply play around with so she could learn to use Peachtree Complete.

In a few weeks, I'll be converting all the files from 8.0 to 2004 versions. What confuses me is this... the very first screen that asks how do I wish to save the data - which do I choose?

The thin yellow book that came with Premium talks about this, I'll read that tonight and work on it some tomorrow. I appreciate your response!

Jim Dale
01-02-2004, 01:23 PM
convert just to complete rather than premium than it can be used by both versions of the program