PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Charges by Dept. Report?

bobbyrab
01-26-2004, 05:28 AM
Hi,

I am very new to Peachtree, am an accountant, and am learning my way through Premier by trial and error. Here is the situation.....I have set up a Company with 12 departments and so far about 45 vendors. Not every vendor invoice is specific to just one dept.; a few have charges distributed to 5 or six depts. (ie.; Acme Supply invoice comes in for $600; $200 of supplies is charged to Dept. A, $100 to Dept. B, $150 to Dept. C, $150 to Dept. D). I want to create a Vendor Report Charges by Dept., but cannot seem to do so. I know the workaround would be to create a SEPARATE invoice for each Dept. charge but this is impractical to do with distrributed invoices as in the above example. Is there a better workaround?

I envision the report being run as an A/P report by dept. with the following detail:

Report Title: Vendor Expenses for Dept A

Year to Date:
Vendor:
Specific Charge:
G/L Expense Charged:

Thanks a lot!
Bob

Jim Dale
02-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by bobbyrab
Hi,

I am very new to Peachtree, am an accountant, and am learning my way through Premier by trial and error. Here is the situation.....I have set up a Company with 12 departments and so far about 45 vendors. Not every vendor invoice is specific to just one dept.; a few have charges distributed to 5 or six depts. (ie.; Acme Supply invoice comes in for $600; $200 of supplies is charged to Dept. A, $100 to Dept. B, $150 to Dept. C, $150 to Dept. D). I want to create a Vendor Report Charges by Dept., but cannot seem to do so. I know the workaround would be to create a SEPARATE invoice for each Dept. charge but this is impractical to do with distrributed invoices as in the above example. Is there a better workaround?

I envision the report being run as an A/P report by dept. with the following detail:

Report Title: Vendor Expenses for Dept A

Year to Date:
Vendor:
Specific Charge:
G/L Expense Charged:

Thanks a lot!

Bob
You could modify an income statement that way using department masking. So it would not be under ap, but it would be something you coild print or send to excel. you could also use crystal if you own that. Both would require some work on your part because of the multiple departments. Look at the gross profit report in bcs.

bobbyrab
02-05-2004, 02:46 AM
Thanks Jim; I knew that individual department P&Ls would be able to give the information using the drill-down feature and I will try your suggestion using the Excel export function to manipulate the data. I haven't tried Crystal Reports yet but will give that a look as well.

Bob

Jim Dale
02-05-2004, 07:14 AM
You can use financial statement design to set up several departments by masking for the department. It may be easier than Crystal although there are a lot of Crystal people that post in that forum.