PDA

View Full Version : Printer Setup Yields Crash

lila.godel
01-30-2004, 02:56 PM
I just finished migrating to a new computer on our network and I have a problem printing to an alternate printer. When I click Print on the Sales/Invoicing screen for a certain company I sometimes click Printer Setup and change from the HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL 6 printer (the default for the invoice) to the Acrobat PDF Writer so I can get the invoice assigned the next number without it being printed.

On my old computer this worked fine. On my new computer clicking printer setup yields:

Peachtree Accounting for Windows. has ecountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. in a dialog box with only a close button.

When I click close Peachtree terminates. My application event log at that point as new entry with a source of Application and the text:

Faulting application peachw.exe, version 2004.0.0.33, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x00033905.

I have no problem with the Printer Setup button if the default printer for the invoice is the HP LaserJet III. Futher if I opt to print the invoice without trying to change the printer it prints on the HP LaserJet III (my default printer) instead of the 4000 as desired.

I have Windows XP Pro in a Windows 2003 domain and the Peachtree data files are located on a Windows Server 2003 computer. I have discovered that if I rename C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpbf222e.dll to have 1 after .dll Peachtree will function properly, but I loose the ability to access the special HP tabs in the printer's properties.

Jim Dale
02-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by lila.godel
I just finished migrating to a new computer on our network and I have a problem printing to an alternate printer. When I click Print on the Sales/Invoicing screen for a certain company I sometimes click Printer Setup and change from the HP LaserJet 4000 Series PCL 6 printer (the default for the invoice) to the Acrobat PDF Writer so I can get the invoice assigned the next number without it being printed.

On my old computer this worked fine. On my new computer clicking printer setup yields:

Peachtree Accounting for Windows. has ecountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. in a dialog box with only a close button.

When I click close Peachtree terminates. My application event log at that point as new entry with a source of Application and the text:

Faulting application peachw.exe, version 2004.0.0.33, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x00033905.

I have no problem with the Printer Setup button if the default printer for the invoice is the HP LaserJet III. Futher if I opt to print the invoice without trying to change the printer it prints on the HP LaserJet III (my default printer) instead of the 4000 as desired.

I have Windows XP Pro in a Windows 2003 domain and the Peachtree data files are located on a Windows Server 2003 computer. I have discovered that if I rename C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpbf222e.dll to have 1 after .dll Peachtree will function properly, but I loose the ability to access the special HP tabs in the printer's properties.
You probably need a new driver for that printer. My HP 4000 will print from the 98 pcs on the network but we needed a new driver for the 2000 pro pc to print crystal reports

lila.godel
02-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Jim Dale

You probably need a new driver for that printer. My HP 4000 will print from the 98 pcs on the network but we needed a new driver for the 2000 pro pc to print crystal reports

I have the latest driver for the printer not the old one that was on my old computer. As a test I upgraded the printer driver on our Windows Server 2003 member server running terminal services in application sharing mode to the latest one.

After that I was not able to reproduce the problem. The printer is directly connected to the network and shared by a Windows Server 2003 DC (different computer from the T.S. computer).

Today I decided to test things again on my computer since I had upgraded the driver on the printer server in an attempt to correct a non Peachtree problem on a laptop. I am now no longer having the crash.

Jim Dale
02-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Great! Thanks for confirming that it was the driver.