PDA

View Full Version : System Cost Adjustments

bernoffice
02-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know why Peachtree makes internal adjusting entries? When I run a GL report, in some of the purchases accounts, there is an internal entry that Peachtree makes. Under reference is says SysCost, under Jrnl is has INAJ, and under the description it says system cost adjustment. Is there something that I have not set up correctly? Thanks for your help.

jpatton
02-04-2004, 01:27 PM
It is a timing issue. If your date of sale preceeds the date the item was purchased or assembled PT tries to compensate. Just make sure you receive an item before you sell it.

To find all the SysCost entries create a report in the inventory adjustment journal and use SysCost in the transaction reference filter

bernoffice
02-04-2004, 01:52 PM
I MUST receive an item before I sell it? I frequently invoice a customer prior to getting a bill in from one of our vendors for that product sold. Do you know of a way to globally turn this system adjustment off?

Thanks for your help.

jpatton
02-04-2004, 04:07 PM
You could change the invoice date after you receive the item, but PT's costing method is date based so there is no way around it and I don't think there is a way to turn this feature off since it's been around since before PT2005.