PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Data from Peachtree

jleon68
11-13-2001, 05:08 PM
Hello,

I am running a DOS version of Peachtree and I want to export my inventory data from Peachtree to Quickbooks Pro.

What sort of export utilities does Peachtree DOS have ? If any, then can these utilities export data in a comma delimitted or tab delimitted file format ?

Thank you,

-jason

Unregistered
11-13-2001, 07:54 PM
You can go to Peachtree Data Query

Pick Inventory Items or Inventory Transactions depending on what you need

Then choose Typo of Output and pick Transfer

Then you can select what fields you want to export

jleon68
11-15-2001, 04:33 PM
that is great help. will that create a tab comma delimited file I can import using Quickbooks for example ? how about all other information in peach tree like customer data and invoices ? is it possible to also export that data ?

thanks for your help...

-jason

Unregistered
12-01-2001, 04:06 PM
I would be interested in this information also, I have a customer who has all of his data on a dos window of Peachtree. He wants to move the *all* the data to a newer version of peachtree. I am not familiar with peachtree at all. I am quite familiar with Microsoft software, and even quicken, but I have no/nada zip information on Peachtree!

stressed
01-22-2002, 10:51 AM
I AM ALSO TRYING TO TRANSFER FILES FROM PEACHTREE FOR DOS VERSION 11.00... I NEED TO TRANSFER ALL MY CUSTOMER INFORMATION AND BALANCES... I TRYED THE DATA QUERY BUT IT WOULD NOT IMPORT INTO QUICK BOOKS PRO.... QUICK BOOKS SAYS WE NEED AN .IIF FORMAT... DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS AND HOW DO WE GET TO THAT FORMAT?....
THANX
STRESSED IN ATLANTA

jag
01-23-2002, 06:11 AM
I believe that you could import CSV's files into Quickbooks. I'm not very familiar with it, but many people had say it's possible.

I could help you with the exporting part (from Peachtree DOS to CSV). For the other part go to the www.quickbooksusers.com forum and ask the respective questions.

HIH,

bluegal
01-23-2002, 10:30 AM
I believe Peachtree sells conversion products.

jag
01-23-2002, 03:23 PM
bluegal,

I also believe they sell conversion products. But the other way around: From Quickbooks to Peachtree.

HIH,

bluegal
01-24-2002, 07:59 AM
I was answering "Unregistered". I know that they do make a conversion program to convert from DOS to Peachtree for Windows (I had my data converted from DOSV11 to PCW8.02.

jag
01-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Sorry !

jag
01-26-2002, 07:48 PM
Hola,

Para exportar la data de Peachtree DOS necesitas tener Peachtree Data Query. Peachtree Data Query es el ultimo disco del "software" de Peachtree.

Necesito que verifiques que tengas el "Data Query" instalado. Abre una compania en Peachtree y busca en el menu principal (donde esta General Ledger, Accounts Payable...ect.) el ultimo "item" de ese menu debe decir "Data Query". Si no aparece busca tus discos de Peachtree y procede a instalarlo. Si no tienes el disco (y/o no lo puedes conseguir) me avisas y nos arreglamos para sacarle copia y prestartelo.

Si tienes el "Data Query" instalado, necesito que me digas que campos "field" quieres exportar. Ademas, necesito saber que version de Peachtree DOS estas usando.

Cuando me digas que quieres exportar, la version de Peachtree y si tienes o no el "Data Query" instalado, yo te puedo enviar por e-mail las instrucciones detalladas de como exportar la data. Tambien puedes llamarme a mi oficina de Lunes a Viernes de 8:00am-6:00pm al (787) XXX-XXXX solo pregunta por Javier Gomez o enviarme un e-mail.

He revisado mi cuenta de e-mail y no me parece que haya algun error con ella. Estas seguro que enviaste el e-mail a javier_gomez@engineer.com ?

Cualquier duda no dudes en contactarme.

Suerte,

jag
01-26-2002, 08:14 PM
By the way...

HIH in internet jargon means "Hope it Helps". Just like IMHO means "In my Humble Opinion"

Its some way of ending messages that had somekind of requested info in them.

jleon68
01-27-2002, 06:54 PM
Javier,

Thanks for the helpful hints... and the internet jargon instruction (HIH) :-) . I'll contact my father down in PR and instruct him to install the Peachtree "Data Query" option from his installation diskettes.

We should be ok from here on. If we have further questions we'll contact you using the contact information you provided.

Thanks again...

-jason