PDA

View Full Version : multiple vendor addresses?

mihill
07-16-2001, 09:14 AM
Many of our vendors have different addresses for payment (checks) and order submission (purchase orders). Is there a way to do this in Peachtree?

riscniaga
07-16-2001, 10:59 AM
Use the bill to and ship to fields. And change the text on your invoices, sales order, etc for bill to and ship to to for the account of and for the order of respectively.

the default forms on peachtree are not very good contractually - you need to redesign them according to your business needs.

mihill
07-16-2001, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I think you are referring to the fields that are available for customers - not vendors. At least this is the case for version 7. Any other ideas?

riscniaga
07-17-2001, 04:08 AM
sorry my mistake - this is what happens when trying to answer something half-way round the globe.

okay, in the purchase order form, there is a button / icon for note (in pcw 8.0 there is at least) - so you can add where the delivery should be from. this note will print after the line items in the purchase order.

not sure if this will work for you - but that is what a client of mine is using.

hope that is a little bit more helpful.

Diane Koers
07-17-2001, 05:04 PM
At the present time, PT doesn't support different vendor addresses. It has been submitted as a request, but as we all know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. When anyone wants a feature, go to www.peachtree.com and from the Contact Us screen you'll be able to email them your enhancement request.

mihill
07-18-2001, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the definitive answer. I'll make my request at Peachtree.com now. We're going to use the custom fields with a different PO form for the present. It works, but it is a little cumbersome.