PDA

View Full Version : Printing a General Journal Entry

BobFriedmanCT
03-08-2004, 12:03 PM
This constitutes my officially first stupid question to the Forum.

I have to make a number of General Journal entries. It's the nature of the way my organization uses Peachtree, and coordinates it with our fundraising database program.

I can't find a mechanism to print each Journal entry, either before or after it's posting.

Am I missing something obvious? All I want to do is make a hard-copy of each Journal entry?

CraigFL
03-08-2004, 01:29 PM
You can't print the exact form you enter it on, but you can print the transaction as Peachtree sees it by using the "General Journal" report under "General Ledger Reports"

And don't worry about if it seems stupid or not because we all are learning. I find evertime I answer a question, I learn more about Peachtree...

BobFriedmanCT
03-09-2004, 06:33 AM
I was AFRAID you were going to say that!

I figured THAT one out a week or two ago, but was hoping that a capability found in many of Peachtree's competitors - the ability to print as a matter of course each General Journal entry as they are being prepared and/or posted - would be hidden somewhere in the menu or company preference screens.

Frankly, I'm surprised that it isn't a capability long requested.

TheWolf
03-10-2004, 11:31 AM
If you use unique reference numbers for each transaction you can print the general journal report for just that transaction by entering it on the filter tab.

BobFriedmanCT
03-11-2004, 05:58 PM
I'd figured that work-around out, but would still prefer - as I could as a Quick Books user in a previous life - to be able to print the journal entry at the same time that it's posted.

What makes the issue particularly time consuming is that I'm using the consolidate function to do the equivalent of fund accounting for a group of interrelated company entities. I typically do a series of 15 or 20 different journal entries - one for each separate company. Given the time I need to close and open each company in turn, the additional time needed to open the General Journal report and print the specific entry just grates on me.

TheWolf
03-12-2004, 07:50 AM
You could always send an enhancement request to Peachtree and they may include it in future versions. The link is http://www.peachtree.com/html/enhance.cfm

BobFriedmanCT
03-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.