PDA

View Full Version : Account Reconciliation - Manufacturing

DonAlexander
03-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Hello,

I would appreciate any help on account reconciliation I have Peachtree 2004. I received my February bank statement and when I was trying to reconcile the account I did not see my check transactions or my deposit transaction. I can see them in my general ledger, but not on the account reconciliation. My company is on a calendar year basis and I successfully reconcile my checking account for the month of January, but I am having problems with February. I donít understand according to the manual that you can reconcile an account only once per accounting period? Anyone familiar with QuickBooks you can reconcile the checking account every month, but again we are talking about Peachtree. I donít believe I need to go to Beginning Transactions and input the missing checks and deposit. One other point I like to make doesnít the checks, bank debit, deposit and bank credit go away after you reconcile them the month before? Any comments or insights I would appreciate. Thank you.

TheWolf
03-16-2004, 09:50 AM
You reconcile every month in Peachtree. Do the checks have a check number assigned and the deposits have a depsoit ticket id? Try going to file, data verification and run both tests to see if it is data damage.