PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree Payroll

tmulvihill
04-01-2004, 10:57 AM
I am thinking of switching from a payroll service to doing it inhouse with Peach. Want to know what experiences others have had using Peach Payroll. Thanks.

davidng
04-01-2004, 08:07 PM
I think it all depends on how many employees you have and whether or not you have these employees separated into several departments and you need departmental reports. Also, how complicated your payroll is --- withholdings, pre-tax, after-tax pension plans, etc.

I'm in Texas and I don't have state income tax withholding.

Processing is fairly smooth so far as most of my clients' employees are straight forward hourly with a few salaried. My payrolls are processed weekly and most of my clients have 10-15 employees each. I process about 20-25 payrolls weekly on Mondays, all by myself. I can pretty much finish in about 7-8 hours, printing all checks (payroll and tax deposit checks), reports, etc. Month-end and quarter-end take up more time. I have no experience in processing W-2's since this is my first year using Peachtree Premium Accounting Edition and I have been using it for only 3 months. I found out that Peachtree is unable to print W-2 onto magnetic media and transmit the same to SSA unless you purchase an utility program from another software company (between $150-$300 at least).

One client has 3 stores and payroll checks need to be separated by stores. Personally I will not recommend Peachtree if you have several stores or departments in one company - it's a hazzle and tedious: not just for payroll, but for general accounting and financial reporting. I think Peachtree can do it, but ..... I would go for a more sophisticated accounting software (of course, more expensive).

So far, I'm happy with Peachtree --- got the money's worth (I think).

David

tmulvihill
04-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Thank you for that information!

vstevens83
09-01-2004, 05:33 PM
The best product I have found is AllReports from Granite Software. You can find more information at www.granitesoftware.com