PDA

View Full Version : Warning for quarterly "941"

davidng
04-01-2004, 07:42 PM
I'm just experiencing my 1st quarterly "941" report printout.

When I went into "941" Print Preview, I got a warning - "There was no room to store these printer set-up parameters in the Form file". Can somebody tell me what does that mean? I don't intend to save it to a separate file. All I need is to preview it and print it out. I did print out what was provided by Peachtree Premium Accounting version.

Just wondering why there is such a warning???

Thanks.

David

Jim Dale
04-01-2004, 11:46 PM
This is sometimes a printer driver. Any other problems printing? Are they new problems? Version, op sys, etc if you will...

davidng
04-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Thanks.

My printer and default printer setting are both "HP Laser Jet 2300 Series PCL6" (which is a fairly up-to-date laser printer commonly used by small business in the market place). That's where I have the "warning".

I went back and changed the default printer setting to "HP Laser Het 4P" which I installed in my computer ever since I had "check printing" problems. I did not have the warning message. Printing the report using this driver is fine, with no incompatibility problem.

It's probably right to say that the warning has something to do with the printer driver.

I'm a bit surprised that either Peachtree or HP did not take care the "minor incompatibility" problem here and there for their products.

David