PDA

View Full Version : Premium ACCTG for MFG 2004?

bigfish
04-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently considering Peachtree Premium Accounting for Manufacturing 2004 for a two person startup. We plan to manufacture and sell fishing tackle both retail and wholesale. Our assemblies will be rather simple involving no more than a dozen or so components. More complicated mfg processes (CNC machining) will be outsourced.I have former experience (working as an accountant) using MAS 90 & MAS 200 for a small company and I really liked the product. Our small startup can't afford, nor really needs such a system, yet anyway. Does anyone have experience with the Peachtree Premium Accounting for Manufacturing 2004? Can you share any insight regarding its functionability, fitness, and general product quality in terms of stability, integrity and cost of maintenance? I mean, should I go with something with less bells and whistles and do the majority of my analysis offline? I ask mainly because I have advanced Excel skills and 'okay' Access skills. I mostly fear support costs that can go through the roof given our limited budget, while we start out anyway. Any insight would be most helpful.

Jim Dale
04-06-2004, 04:19 PM
It costs about $1000 vs $700 for premium. I think you should try it. Test it on-line...