PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Bill of Materials

jtaylorwi
04-06-2004, 09:15 AM
I am using Peachtree Premium for Manufacturing 2004 on a Windows XP Network. When we upgraded from Peachtree 2002, we noticed that suddenly our Bill of Materials could only be saved in quantities out to 2 decimal points. We have the global settings set to 5 decimal places and have the regional settings in Windows set to 5 as well. The Bill of Materials shows 5 available decimal places, but we cannot save them. This is a real problem for us since many of our assemblies only use .00001 of a particular item. Even worse is that we cannot make any changes to our converted data (that is still functioning correctly) when a component is changed. Peachtree support has given me the following 3 answers – in November they said “that is just the way it is now”, in December “it is a known problem and we are working on it”, and in now it is “we don’t know how to fix it”. Anyone have any suggestions?

TheWolf
04-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Have you tried entering any other transaction that goes to the fifth decimal place? or is it just the BOM?

jtaylorwi
04-08-2004, 07:14 AM
The strange part was that everything else worked out to the 5th decimal point just fine. Yesterday I talked with two more Peachtree tech support people about the problem, and after they brainstormed about it they actually came up with a solution. The problem is when this new version was created, the field for the BOM quantity was programmed as a CURRENCY value. Therefore, you need to change the regional settings in Windows to allow for 5 decimal places in currency to fix it. It is kind of a pain, but at least it works now! I found that I can change the regional settings to 5 when I need to make changes, save the item, then go back and change the setting back to 2 afterwards and everything still works fine.