PDA

View Full Version : convert from PCA13 to Premium for MFG

Bigjake
04-23-2004, 05:54 AM
Are there any known issues that would make it difficult to convert?
We are running multi user PCA13 on XP machines networked. Looking at Premium for MFG 2005. We have about 1200 inventory items to convert. If 5 users are usng the Premium at the same time how slow if any will the program run? Thank you for your response.

Bigjake

Jim Dale
04-23-2004, 01:01 PM
the conversion only brings lists not transactions. you can use iq/pdg to get other stuff. 13 still runs better than premium. you might want to see 2005 first

Bigjake
04-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Peachtree is telling me that the conversing tool will bring over inventory with quantity, income statements with all info., balence sheets, and old chart of accounts. I was told it would not bring over P.O.'s, history, and invoices. PCA13 is limited in Assemblies(BOM), 5 price levels, UPC entering, history, and part # lenght. These are small problems but it would help our small mfg. company. Is this info. true or will I run into a lot more problems?
Thanks for your response.

Bigjake

dringstrom
04-30-2004, 05:05 AM
What they reported is consistent with my experience converting companies from Peachtree DOS to Peachtree Windows. Keep in mind that on the inventory list you can import the missing information after the conversion as long as you're able to extract it from Peachtree for DOS. You'd follow the conversion instructions, and after you're finished, create an import file for the Inventory list that has the information that the conversion skipped.