PDA

View Full Version : Recovery error!

mrquery
04-27-2004, 12:50 AM
I have just back up my files using peachtree premium default backup program. When i tried to recover my company files i got an error message saying "the following error occured during restore: DynaZIP error error #39. The restore process was unsuccessful. Select help for more information". And i can't open my company anymore.

I tried to unziped my *.ptb files and i get "bad CRC b1a75cb7 (should be 3d9f253b)" error message. And when i open my company my previous transaction was gone.

How can i back up and restore my files so i can make sure that my back up files are reliable next time we do restore it.

Shannon Tucker
04-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Did you backup to your local C: drive, or to some other drive? If you were backing up to a server hard drive across the network, there are more things that can go wrong.

Datavault (http://peachtreeusers.com/datavault.htm) is an alternative to onsite backups.

TheWolf
04-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Check another computer to see if it can be restored. If not then try the original it was done on. I have seen this problem when either a backup across a network was going on and the network connection was lost or when there were problems with the Operating System.

If the computer that made the backup can restore fine and others cannot then likely it needs to be looked at by a tech. If just the one you have been attempting to use gets the errors and others do not then that one should be looked at. If no one can restore or open the file then the backup file is damaged.

mrquery
05-02-2004, 11:52 PM
I've tried doing the back up and restore on a network and tried locally on my HDD. Currently what i did was i do data verification and reindex it. It took me 30 - 60 min per company but it was worthit. Thanks for the help!

Robert Walraven
05-03-2004, 10:03 AM
You'd better check your data over carefully to be sure you have not had any data loss. If you reindex physically damaged data files you will almost certainly lose a chunk of your information.

Run the file statistics on your "before" and "after" data and look at the number of records you have in the various files, particularly the JrnlHdr and JrnlRow files. If you find you have fewer records afterward, then you should have your "before" database repaired before proceeding.

mrquery
05-21-2004, 12:13 AM
I appreciate the help guys and currently i am succesfull in retreiving my datas. I just don't know above the statistics and data comparison before and after. But currently i am having difficulties regarding "lock table full". I always had this instance where either "customer.dat" or "general.dat" and others alike had lock table full error or can't save specific transaction when other users are using PT. Please help me out regarding this problem! thanks!