PDA

View Full Version : PeachTree Premium 2005

PowerCell
04-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Has anyone else received this offer from Peachtree for Premium Accounting 2005 Multi-User edition? I noticed one of the new features was serialized inventory, so I order my upgrade.

I don't see anything on their website listing the new product or it's features. Funny...

... still waiting for it to show up!

~ Ken

peachtreekk
04-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by PowerCell
Has anyone else received this offer from Peachtree for Premium Accounting 2005 Multi-User edition? I noticed one of the new features was serialized inventory, so I order my upgrade.

I don't see anything on their website listing the new product or it's features. Funny...

... still waiting for it to show up!

~ Ken

Try to check this out

http://www.peachtree.com/05upgrade

There are new features listing there. However, to what extend the improvement, then we have to test run ourself I final retail release. You are luck, you got the offer, I am been using Peachtree since Version 3.5, until now I haven't receive any offer from Peachtree.

I like Peachtree Premium Accounting 2005 For manufacturing, a lots of improvement are related to my industry.

jdncpa
05-24-2004, 09:13 AM
I got an offer for the distribution version but I have the regular version of 04.

Hope I get a discount offer soon or I will not be upgrading this time. Peachtree should give this offer to all their loyal customers.

TheWolf
05-24-2004, 09:49 AM
2005 is not set to ship until late June.

Jim Dale
05-24-2004, 09:53 PM
you can get a deal for the rest of the week. just contact the guys that run this forum-i'm sure they will give you the discount. I have done it with my own customers whether they got the offer in the mail or not

lilguy
06-15-2004, 04:43 PM
I have contacted customer support and if you are having problems with data corruption in you journalrow.dat file and inventory history in your 7th and 19th period or have a large database there is no fix in 2005. I have had this same problem in four different versions of PT and still no fix. Also if you have a large database over 100 mb Peachtree does not recommend Premium 2005 you will have even more problems than in Premium 2004, this info is from a senior tech at Peachtree. Pretty scary stuff!!!! You know i have seen a lot of complaints in this forum about price, but as a long time user my complaint is not so much about price as it is data integrity. Peachtree has data integrity issues I have seen post after post about this issue. No more features please make PT more stable and reliable first. I would gladly pay more money for a stable product.

David Sloan
Li'l Guy Foods

PS I cancelled my order for Premium 2005 looking for another solution any suggestions no "Best Software Products" thank you

jdncpa
06-16-2004, 06:12 AM
Hey Lilguy,

I am in the process of searching for a Peachtree replacement. We need something that will allow multiple users to post simultaneously, more complex inventory pricing, better reporting, etc.

However, we are currently experiencing sticker shock. Not really finding anything under $30,000+ that will meet our needs of today and in 5 years.

lilguy
06-16-2004, 07:09 AM
I share your frustration and sticker shock. Although I have been researching a company called netsuite it is running on an oracle database over the internet so no equipment or on site admin. I am looking for a total solution to software as well as equip being located off site.

But a more powerful boxed solution under 10k would also be appealling. Please tell me more about your research.

Thanks David

jdncpa
06-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Well, we are an importer of machine tools. After importing we sell to distributors across North America.

We have been pushing Peachtree to it's limits for some time. I use PawCom software to help get info into access where I can manipulate it for my needs, but it takes 25 minutes to run the PawCom refresh so this is another of many frustrations.

I have put together a list of Peachtree shortcomings that I am looking to fix in an upgraded package. Among those items are: complex pricing, tracking when inventory will be delivered, better collections note taking, complex commissions calculations, integration with UPS worldship, multiple users posting, etc etc.

I have evaluated MAS 90 (not impressed), Assist 2K4 (somewhat impressed), and Prophet 21 (impressed). I have several demo disks on my desk but have not gotten to them yet. Prophet 21 is targeted directly at businesses such as mine and is the current front runner in our search. However, this will require a new server in addition to the software as it will not run on our Novell server. Our Novell server is getting old and raggedy so an upgrade is in the near future anyway.

I would be more than happy to compare any notes you have in your search.

Kathy M
06-19-2004, 01:22 PM
We got our new software thursday. I believe it shipped the 16th. The "expert" we hired to convert our files from v8.0 had some difficuty. I don't think she was much of an expert and ended up having to re-format a hard drive and nealy lost all of our data. She tried to say our drive was corrupt and I suspect it was really her zip disk that was no good. It was late by the time we got everything back up so I didn't have a chance to use it yet but it has a few nice features. Like being able to look right at an invoice from the account reconciliation page. And I was able to get that dam "Duplicate" to stop appearing on every invoice I print. I'll know more by next weekend. I'm glad I found this forum.

PowerCell
06-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I just did a test install of 2005 Premium and unfortunately they have not address the "auto complete" bug that existed in the 2004 version.

So for larger inventories, this version is no better than the last.

I'll be returning my copy in the morning.

~ Ken

crimsonmoon
07-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Ken,

How large is your inventory. That is a concern of our in making a decision on Premium 2005

Thanks
Sherrie