PDA

View Full Version : Program keeps crashing after O/S upgrade

bigbird
04-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Has anyone had these problems?

We are a non-profit running Peachtree on a Microsoft peer to peer network with one of the workstations as the file server.

We have 4 workstations, all are running XP pro for the O/S. All was working fine for the most part, until my IT guy installed the latest service pack for XP Pro on the workstations. They are all OK, except for the workstation that is the file sharer. That workstation keeps giving that user error messages when she runs the bank rec module, and will also do sudden crashes with error messages at other times.

We have reinstalled the O/s without the service pack and so far it has worked for a few hours without a crash.

Does anyone know what might be causing this conclict on that workstation, and if there is a fix? It looks like a software conflict on Peachtree's part to me.

We also uninstalled Peachtree and reinstalled it, but that didn't help.

Also, I have another workstation that when you try to exit peachtree, it just hangs and won't allow you to exit. If you are finally successful, you have to reboot that machine in order to get back into peachtree. This problem doesn't happen every time.

Thanks!

Neil Braun
Goodwill of So Nevada aka bigbird

Jim Dale
06-06-2004, 07:02 AM
You might look at the data path error thread in the other forum. I posted this:

If you are truly running peer to peer, the number of processes you can run will be limited. Robert Walraven posted on this sometime in the last two months. you might search for it, or send him an e-mail. The way I understand it is with peer to peer you can have a max of 10 connections (I think) so connections from a couple of workstations, network printers, it is easy to run out. That could explain your problem.

You are running out of connections. Change it from peer to peer.