PDA

View Full Version : Peachree Premium

skotaiku
05-11-2004, 09:15 AM
My company has a propsal from a new client who love to use Peachtree Premium Accounting 2004 or 2005 . They have the following requirements

a. More than 18,000 customers

b. up to 10 current users on network at the same time.

Does anyone knows if Peachtree Premium can cope with this volume?

Are there any special requirements to enable peachtree cope with this?

Is there an upper limit to Peachtree Inventory and Accounts Receivable Modules?

Thanks for any kind answer.

S.K. Otaiku

Jim Dale
05-11-2004, 11:08 PM
how many invoices per month? I have seen pretty large inventories but p'tree would tell you to move them to mas90

FakeFlam
05-12-2004, 06:41 AM
10 concurrent users could be problematic as well. (performnace & licensing)

skotaiku
05-14-2004, 03:30 AM
Thanks Jim and FakeFlam for your response.

Jim could you please tell me more about MAS90.Is it really flexible like Peachtree? Can it offer the beautiful interface of Peachtree, and the pricing. These are concerns for the client. They want something flexible and within budget.

Besides, has anyone migrated from Peachtree to MAS90 with good testimony of the Performance of MAS90. I need this to convince the client of the need for an additional investment.

Can anybody who has used it before tell me about the benefits of the MAS90 over Peachtree and the pricing?

The client can raise up to 1200 invoices per month.

Thanks for your kind answers.

Sunday Otaiku.

Jim Dale
05-14-2004, 09:36 PM
it is a lot more expensive. If price is big, you probably will have a tough time. You could still try p'tree, but it might be slow. Make sure that you have very good equipment.

skotaiku
05-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Jim, am very grateful.

Thanks a million.

S.K. Otaiku

lilguy
06-15-2004, 04:56 PM
I am running PT 2004 Premium and you will not be able to run a company this big, you will have data integrity issues especially if you have any inv transactions at all. I am currently running a 450 mb database with 700 customers and 2500 transactions per month. Performance is not the issue you just need a fast server. (I have 3.2 ghz processor 1 g mem and 2 - 160 sata hard drives in raid) peachtree performs fine it is the data integrity that has issues. If you do have a problem chance are the tools within peachtree to repair your data will not be able to handle you DB

Thanks David Sloan

skotaiku
06-16-2004, 04:42 AM
Thanks David Sloan for your kind response.

You gave me your own real life experience and am begining to have a re-think on Peachtree. One even wonders why they did not upgrade thier DB to Pervasive SQL like DacEasy has done.

The client relies soley on our expertise and will not find it funny if they will be having data integrity problems.The real issue is the possibility of Peachtree tools not been able to handle the data integrity correction.This may mean a failed project once it happened. The client cannot afford any down time once we go online.

Have you used DacEasy before? Will it be a better choice in this instance?

Or does anyone else know any other good and low cost solution?.

Thanks a lot and God bless.

S.K. Otaiku

lilguy
06-16-2004, 07:13 AM
I am not familiar with DAC Easy, but I also have been looking at replacement versions. Box Solutions, VAR Solutions, mainly interested in a real web based DB Solution have looked at netsuite are there others.

Hey thanks for reply have a nice day.