PDA

View Full Version : MAS90 for Peachtree

skotaiku
05-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Please has anyone used MAS90 for Peachtree before?

Can the person explain to me or send me information about the software and pricing?

Is it as flexible and user friendly as Peachtree?

I want some one with a hands-on experience on it and who can tell me what it takes to migrate peachtree complete Accounting data to it to give me some information on it so that I can discussed the optio with my prospect.

We had wanted to use Peachtree Premium but someone in this forum advised that given the client's scale of operations MAS90 will be the obvious choice.

The client wants :

1. 10 concurrent users on network

2. Has up to 18,000 customers database

3. Raise up to 1200 invoices per month.

Thanks for your kind answers.

Regards

S.K Otaiku

lilguy
06-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Although I can not attest to MAS 90 capabilities, after seeing a demo on the software, I can not believe anyone migrating from Peachtree would be impressed with user interface. It felt clunky and old it was not an interface that will come naturally! Peachtree is a beautiful product in the interface and ease of use, something that just did not appear to be there with MAS 90. Hopefully there are more up to date user friendly packages out there. Any suggestions has anyone used great plains.

skotaiku
06-18-2004, 05:10 AM
I have used Great Plains Dynamics very well in my previous employment. It has been purchased now by Microsoft. It is very robust,powerful,and stable on network. It has a beautiful interface and its user friendly, but not as much as Peachtree.

However, it is very expensive for a small business.

They also have a smaller version called Great Plains Standard, it is much more cheaper than Dynamics. It may still not be within the pricing reach of an average small business.

Available to offer more information.

Thanks

S.K Otaiku

Jim Dale
06-18-2004, 10:58 PM
You're going to spend at least 30,000 on MAS90. It does have the advantage of being fully customizable. It is a major investment so you need to find an expert that you are happy with or you should work with Great Plains because you know it. I have sold these more expensive packages and you can justify the cost, but you have to KNOW will improve your situation

skotaiku
06-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Thanks Jim.

It is nice have an idea of the cost implication.

Thanks

SK