PDA

View Full Version : Eventlog.dat Error Message

bigbird
05-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi all,
We are running Peachtree Premium accounting on a 5-user network using Winxp as an O/S.

We have had some network problems that we seemed to get resolved, but now, we are having data problems.

First we were getting a journalheader.dat error when trying to do a GL poisting. I ran verification and Integrity check and got rid of that error (yes, I did a backup first! :-) )

The next day, today, we get an eventlog.dat error when trying to modify the date on any invoice.

Verification and integrity check have not gotten rid of that so far, and I am worried that our files are corrupted farther than just this one error.

when I run Verification both times, it brings up an error message for the reversal of an end of year entry in 2002 that reversed in 2003. Since those years are closed, we can't go back and change those entries.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions! I am running out of things to try. Help!

"Bigbird"

Neil Braun
Goodwill of So Nevada

Jim Dale
05-14-2004, 09:39 PM
get the data checker from shannon on this forum. You can delete eventlog.dat if you don't use the event, action, to-dos

bigbird
05-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Hello Jim,

I was pretty sure we had deleted that file once before when we had trouble, but it was a previous version, and I couldn't find anything anywhere that said this for sure.

Thanks! We will delete it. We have already run that data checker that you mentioned, and at this point, the eventlog error is all that it found

Thanks again!

Neil

bigbird
05-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, we took Jim's advice and deleted Eventlog.dat, and all was well, except almost each day when my department starts Peachtree up for the first time for the day, they get the eventlog error, at which time they go in and erase it again, and it is ok untill the next time.

Is there a way to get the fix to be permanent?

Neil Braun
Goodwill of So Nevada

TheWolf
05-28-2004, 07:03 AM
If the eventlog.dat file is getting damaged on a daily basis, then something in the environment (network, computer, user ending task on the program, power outage, etc.) is causing the damage. Luckily it has only been your eventlog.dat file and not a critical file. I would isolate the computer that it always getting the error, from accessing Peachtree and see if any other users get the error. If no one else gets the error, then try updating the NIC driver, check the connections, check the hub\switch, and see if the user is getting any errors or lock ups.