PDA

View Full Version : email of CUSTOMER on Sales Order/ Invoices??

mdminear
05-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Has PT 2004 or 2005 fixed the problem of PUTTING the EMAIL of the CLIENT on the SALES order or Invoice so your SHIPPING people can load the customers email when they are shipping package via fed ex or airborne (and have it handy right on form).. PT 2003 and before ONLY let you do your OWN company EMAIL.. a big "gaffe"..... I know you can use the custom filters but then that requires typing their email twice on every customer when setting up.. not ver convenient if old BIG list of clients. Also doens't seem to print. I know they have integrated with UPS for 2005 but that doesn't help FedEx and DHL/airborne users which number about 75% os users.

TheWolf
05-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Use one of the customer fields and then redesign the SO/Invoice with this on it.

mdminear
05-17-2004, 02:24 PM
i did this .. but printing of that 'custom' column seems to be irregular when a 'data' field. "text" fields print fine but when data it sometimes just leaves it blank even though the information is there. I don't know if this is a glitch in PT CA 2002 ... as I am able to do about anything else in REPORT design and get it to work. So I know I have it loaded right. and it works on test print.. but not on real thing...

Jim Dale
05-17-2004, 08:21 PM
silly question maybe, why not use a custom field-which should always be text