PDA

View Full Version : Help - bug in the Sales Order Report?

alphawhiskey
06-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi, I am using Premium 2004. I've noticed an issue with the Sales Order Report and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this same problem.

On certain orders we send some product free of charge to the customer. On the invoice, this is accomplished with two seperate line items (one with at the standard price, the other at zero price).

When I run the standard sales order report for 'closed' orders, everything looks great.

When the report is modified to include the 'invoice #' field, the 'qty shipped' field shows the wrong qty.

This only happens when an order includes two line items of the same item # and when those lines are shipped at two different qtys.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks

TheWolf
06-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Sure looks like a bug to me. I just duplicated your problem. It only seems to occur if you have the same item number on more than one line. Wonder if Peachtree is aware of this defect. You could try calling them to report it.

kbsdallas
05-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi, I am evaluating Peachtree's 2005 programs for accountants and for a client (a two-man interior design firm).

Did you ever get your problem resolved? If so, may I ask how?

Would you recommend Peachtree for reliability?

I'd appreciate an email response to kbsdallas@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,

Karen S.

TheWolf
05-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Peachtree is pretty reliable. Any software you get these days will have a few defects, either because they were not found before the release (there is no way to cover every possible scenario) or it is minor and the fix would take a long time to effect. This is why they will come out with patches or fix it in a future release.

cigargerald
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
It looks like it is fixed in Peachtree 2006 when I ran a test to see if it would behave as it did in 2005.

G-