PDA

View Full Version : No experience with peachtree software.

hey sue
12-01-2001, 04:53 PM
One of my customers is running old window based msdos peachtree. He wants to put it into a newer version of Peachtree. He asked me if I could do it. I am reluctant because I have had absolutely no involvement with this software. He has his files backed up, but I am still reluctant, knowing the penchant of some softwares that will not allow you to return to an older version once the newer version is used. If I lose his information, or cause it to become corrupted by putting it into a newer version, I would lose business like you wouldn't believe. I need HELP! fast!
Normally I would run it on one of my own machines to make sure that the information did export correctly, but I don't own the software, and the owner would perfer I did it in the store on his machines. I know that when in doubt about other software it is best to leave it alone. Does that hold true with Peachtree? Any advice?

westphal
12-03-2001, 12:56 PM
(I am just a user, not a support person), but earlier this year converted from Peachtree for DOS version 11 to Peachtree for Windows version 8.02 If this is his scenario I will tell you how this was done for me.

hey sue
12-03-2001, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by westphal
(I am just a user, not a support person), but earlier this year converted from Peachtree for DOS version 11 to Peachtree for Windows version 8.02 If this is his scenario I will tell you how this was done for me.
This seems to be his scenario. When I asked him why he hasn't kept the software current he said it was easier to use what he had at the time. My email is suschoney@hotmail.com any advice would be helpful.