PDA

View Full Version : Receivables/Sales Set up

SteveJ
06-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I am trying to figure out the best way to set up the receivables for this business. We are a start up newspaper. This is my first time using Peachtree and I am trying to figure out the best way to set up the advertising orders that I get. For example, our first publish date will be in July. I have an advertising order for a vendor that is going to advertise every week starting in July, for 52 consecutive weeks. I will be invoicing customers at the beginning of each month for what ran in the paper the prior month. So on August 1, I am going to be sending out an invoice to this customer for each of the ads they ran in July. I understand that I will be creating the revenue/receivable entry when I create and send the invoice. But I want to be able to show that over the next 12 months we have XXXX amount of revenue that will be coming in each month and I want that to show up on the various reports that management can look at in Peachtree. (I hope this all made sense!) Any suggestions?

Jim Dale
06-14-2004, 06:34 PM
This can be accomplished by creating recurring invoices. Create your first invoice, then click on the recur button, choose monthly, and recur it for a year.

You can always change periods to look at future activity. Then you can look at financial reports in the future. Of course, you can always change the invoice amount if it changes in the future.

SteveJ
06-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the tip, that did exactly what I wanted. Now I have two more that hopefully you can help me with.

Lets reverse the previous scenario and apply it to payables. I want to be able to show that I have $5,000 that I owe to a vendor on September 1, October 1 and November 1, what would be the best way to do that.

Also, when you first set up a company, they ask you for your address. That address will then print on any invoices that you sent out. What is the best way to show on the invoice that you want them to send their payments to a lockbox instead of your physical address?

chuayp
06-17-2004, 06:26 PM
You Wrote:-

Lets reverse the previous scenario and apply it to payables. I want to be able to show that I have $5,000 that I owe to a vendor on September 1, October 1 and November 1, what would be the best way to do that.

Answer:

This can be done through recurring Purchase/Receive Inventory (Click on "Recur" at top of the form.

You Wrote:-

Also, when you first set up a company, they ask you for your address. That address will then print on any invoices that you sent out. What is the best way to show on the invoice that you want them to send their payments to a lockbox instead of your physical address?[B]

Answer: - You can customise your invoice bu putting at the bottom of the invoice your bank account and address.

Go to design form and click on text and move to location in invoice you want the test to appeat, and key in all neccesary information that you want a put in your invoice.