PDA

View Full Version : Error 1303 upgrading to PPA

peachgirl
06-23-2004, 06:36 AM
I am upgrading from Complete 2003 to Premium Acct's 2004, and I'm receiving an error 1303 in regards to the PTToday folder. This error completely halts the upgrade.

According to the PT website, this is a permissions issue. Our network admin and I checked the permissions from every possible angle and they seem fine. We even tried running the install logged in as domain admin, even though the user has admin rights on her local machine. Her machine is W2K.

I also tried renaming the PTToday folder so that it would create a new one instead of overwriting.

We're stumped. I'm just glad this is our internal PT and not a clients! Has anyone else run across this? Thanks.

TheWolf
06-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Have you tried completely uninstalling the program first? When Peachtree mentions needing admin rights, it is refering to local admin rights and not those of the domain. Make sure the user you are logging in as shows in the admin group for that particular machine.

peachgirl
06-24-2004, 06:20 AM
I will try uninstalling the old one today. She does has admin rights to the local machine so hopefully that will do the trick.

Thank you!

TheWolf
06-24-2004, 08:00 AM
I just found additional information on this that indicates it is a problem with rights or the profile with admin rights is damaged. That error occurs installing other products and a search on the microsoft site showed a few MS programs that get this error. In one of the documents it recommends trying another user that has admin rights or create a new user that has admin rights and try the install again.

jcnixon
06-25-2004, 10:21 AM
I am running in to a similar problem installing Premium 2005, except my error code is 1904. I have tried under two different admin users and still get the same problem. The PT support people are looking in to it, they can't seem to figure it out at this point, which is not very helpful, since I am now stuck with one workstation installed, data converted, but can't get the other workstation to install!

Jan

mrquery
06-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Hey since we keep on posting on error on installation and migrating issues. Can we keep post of one thread listing contribution of error messages in peachtree and what does this mesage really means. Or we have an existing thread? Just a thought!

TheWolf
06-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by jcnixon
I am running in to a similar problem installing Premium 2005, except my error code is 1904. I have tried under two different admin users and still get the same problem. The PT support people are looking in to it, they can't seem to figure it out at this point, which is not very helpful, since I am now stuck with one workstation installed, data converted, but can't get the other workstation to install!

Jan

A quick search of the microsoft knowledgebase indicates this error occurs when a .dll does not properly register or if there is a problem with MDAC.

I would try downloading the most recent MDAC version from microsoft, install it, reboot, uninstall Peachtree and then try the installation again. It could also be a problem with the windows installer. Do a search for it on the MS site as well, download and install.

jcnixon
06-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Here is how it played out with PT support. The error I was receiving was relating to a Crystal Reports file. I have never used Crystal Reports. Each time we tried to load Premium 2005, I kept getting the same error. We ended up installing Crystal Reports from Complete 2003, then installed Premium 2005 and it worked just fine.