PDA

View Full Version : Text is ghost image when you type new text

jve1966
06-25-2004, 12:00 PM
I have a IBM laptop that is R40 with Windows XP pro. This is the only machine that this is happening to of the 12 other computers in the office. When your in a field that you want to change the text from say Jim Bob to Jane Smith you will see underneath Jane Smith the TEXT of Jim Bob still there. This pretty much happens to be in 99% of all fields of our Peachtree Premium Accounting for Distribution 2004. I have tried to adjust the settings of the monitor for this laptop and nothing is making it work properly. I would say this is something like a ghostly image when we go to input text in the cells (or fields) We have other machines that are Windows XP pro and there is not a problem with them. If anyone knows the fix to the problem please email and post to this site. I would greatly appreciate this.

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Jim Dale
06-29-2004, 12:09 PM
I don't know the exact answer, but it has shown up in this forum before. There is a compatibility problem because of IBM. Don't know if there is a fix, but this problem only occurs with IBM. I do remember reading a post or two on this.

RetroCanino
07-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Is it an IBM OEM install of XP? Have you tried updating the video driver or change the resoultion?

finewhatever2
03-10-2005, 08:08 AM
I had the same issue and found the answer some time back on this site. If you update your windows package to service pack 2 or higher, the problem disappears. Best of luck!

TheWolf
03-11-2005, 10:38 AM
It seems to be a problem isolated to IBM. I would try as suggested, and make sure you have SP2 installed.